Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Special Ops cancels tour due to cancer

Montreal rock piece Special Ops has canceled their upcoming cross-Canada tour due to bassist Waldo Thornhill's unfortunate colon cancer diagnosis, according to a press release issued by their publicist yesterday.

“This is really a difficult moment for me, I really wanted to do this tour, but on the advice of my doctors I must remain in Montreal and do treatment," Thornhill said it he release. “It was a life or death choice for me and I want to thanks the fans for understanding and I look forward to my return to the stage.”

Three dates will still be played thishttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif summer:

June 7, 2008, - The Underground, 41 Catharine St., Hamilton, Ontario
June 28, 2008 - Club Social, 810 East Main Street, Welland, Ontario
July 19, 2008 - Bar St Laurent, 5550 St. Laurent. Montreal, Quebec

Toronto Music Scene wishes Thornhill the best of luck in his recovery.

To read an interview TMS did with Special Ops in 07 click here.

To learn more about this disease, the risk factors and when screening should begin, please visit the Canadian Cancer Society website.

No comments: